Author’s name (as it will appear on your article)
One of the basic philosophies of the Geological Association of Canada is to promote Earth Sciences and disseminate scientific knowledge. Tied into that is the promotion of Earth Scientists, particularly those who are sharing their knowledge through GAC
To help us make such promotion possible, please take a few moments to answer the following questions. Your answers will help us form the marketing plan for this book. Please complete this form, and return it to the book’s Editor.
Author’s Office Address:
Author’s Home Address:
Which of the above information may be given to the press for interview purposes?
Only Office Information:
Only the following Information:
1. Educational and Professional Background: Please list previous employers (including job titles) and educational institutions where you have obtained degrees (including degree and year). You may attach your CV if you prefer; please note it is to be used ONLY to determine potential marketing outlets.
2. Biography: Please briefly describe yourself in two or three sentences, including your current position (title and school, for instance). This is to be used to introduce you to media outlets with a potential for promotion.
3. Published Works: Have you previously contributed work to published books on a related topic? Please provide titles, dates, and publishers.
4. Detailed Description: This is the most important section. Please describe your article in 250 words or less. What do you consider most significant about the article? What contribution does it make to Earth Sciences in general and/or to your field in particular? Your statement will help in writing promotional material.
5. Brief Description: With certain promotions, we will have limited space to describe the book. What is the most succinct statement that clearly describes your contribution?
6. Competition: Are there any competing publications, particularly those which have appeared in the last 12 months, or are expected to appear in the next 6 months? If so, please provide titles, dates and publisher and indicate how your article differs from them.
7. Audience: What is the primary readership for your article, particularly that which may be unique to your article? What are the related audiences (if applicable)?
8. Industry Meetings: Please list any industry gatherings where you would like to see your article and this book promoted.
9. Electronic Promotion: Are you in a Listserv where we should promote your book? Please provide the name of the Listserv and the email address of the moderator to be contacted.
10. Publicity: What features of your article would be of particular interest to general media outlets, if any? Does your article reveal new research or tie in to current news events, for example?
11. Local Interest: Are there local or campus newspapers whose editors may be interested in receiving information about your book? Does your employer support a company newsletter? Are you aware of a bookstore near you which regularly sponsors launch parties? If so, please provide their contact information.
12. Lectures and Travels: Have you lectured at a prominent gathering recently? Are you planning to present a major lecture or participate in a lecture tour in the coming year?
13. Prior Media: Have you been interviewed on television or radio, or been quoted in a daily newspaper, in your field of specialty? If possible, please list show names, contact information, and the date of your interview, or newspaper title and date the story appeared, as applicable.
14. Prize Eligibility: While we will make every effort to present your book to all eligible awards, there may be awards offered that are not nationally known, such as those unique to companies or universities. Please note any prize or award for which your book may be eligible and the name of the sponsoring group.
15. Photograph: Please provide a photo of yourself which could be used for promoting your contribution to the book. Please include photographer’s name, if applicable.
16. Other: Have you any other suggestions to help promote your article with the aim to selling the book?