STAGES OF PUBLICATION
With GAC® Publications, getting your book from submission to reader is easier - and faster! - than ever:
You have a great book idea, and are just embarking on the publication trail.
- Idea proposed to GAC® Publications (Please see ‘Initial Proposal’ form)
- Immediate acknowledgement, and analysis of your idea within 4 weeks
- Assignment of Publications
- Committee Champion at time of response
Solidifying the details: Style of book, co-authors (if applicable), length, and book development timeline. From this point on, your Champion and the Publications Director will remain in close contact with you.
- Author and co-author commitment
- Initial marketing assessment
- Timeline for book development
- Formal proposal - Response within 4 weeks
- Writing/obtaining manuscripts
Finalizing Manuscript Stage:
The manuscripts are in, and you’re ready to put on the finishing touches.
- Obtain reprint permission for previously published figures and artwork - Allow 6 weeks
- Peer review - Allow 4 weeks
- Final copy-editing/indexing - Allow 6-8 weeks
- Complete Marketing promotion
- Questionnaire - 1-2 hours
At this point, all the elements are submitted to GAC® Publications for production. Your manuscript(s) will be considered submitted when all previous stages have been completed, and copyright assignment/permission has been granted in writing. These dates are targets, however authors should note that delays in responding to queries and page proofing will impact the schedule.
|Receipt of manuscript; confirmation of material, develop timeline||June 7/02|
|Send manuscript & images to typesetter for layout and design||June 14/02|
|Marketing plan implementation begins||June 14/02|
|Forward proofs to design-stage copy editor and author(s)||July 15/02|
|Receipt of marked-up design-stage proofs||July 29/02|
|Forward marked-up proofs to typesetter||July 30/02|
|Forward digital copy to printer||August 5/02|
|Receipt and approval of printer proofs||August 12/02|
|Printed copies received at GAC® Publications||August 30/02|
TOTAL TIME 11 weeks