GEOLOG RATE CARD
...the most cost-effective way to advertise to Canadian geologists
GEOLOG is the newsmagazine of the Geological Association of Canada. It reaches more than 2,000 members four times a year. These members are from industry, government and academe. Copies of GEOLOG are also distributed to libraries and corporate offices where numerous readers see each copy, as well as at trade shows, meetings and conventions.
GEOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
c/o Dept. of Earth Sciences, Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL
A1B 3X5, Canada
Tel: 709 737-7660
Fax: 709 737-2532
Size mm (inches)
|Full page||190 x 250 (7 1/2 x 9 3/4")||$400||$1280|
|Half page (vert)||95 x 250 (3 3/4 x 9 3/4")||$240||$768|
|Half page (horiz)||190 x 125 (7 1/2 x 4 7/8")||$240||$768|
|Third page (vert)||60 x 250 (2 3/8 x 9 3/4")||$167||$534|
|Third page (horiz)||190 x 80 (7 1/2 x 3 1/8)||$167||$534|
|Third page (square)||120 x 125 (4 5/8 x 4 7/8")||$167||$534|
|Quarter page||95 x 125 (3 3/4 x 4 7/8")||$130||$416|
|Sixth page||95 x 83 (3 3/4 x 3 1/4")||$94||$300|
|Eighth page||95 x 64 (3 3/4 x 2 1/2")||$75||$240|
|Business card*||90 x 50 (3 1/2 x 2")||n/a||$150|
|Inside Cover||200 x 260 (7 7/8 x 10 1/4")||$480||$1536|
|200 x 260 (7 7/8 x 10 1/4")||$560||$1792|
- (bleeds for any full page size - add 10%)
- *Business card-sized advertisements are available only to self-employed consultants who are current Geological Association of Canada members.
- A 20% discount is offered for those making a commitment to four consecutive issues (same ad) - that’s almost one free ad!
- Affiliated clients get a 20% discount on all ads. These include GAC® Corporate Supporters, GAC® divisions, sections, associated societies and allied organizations.
- Display advertising copy is preferred in digital format as CorelDraw files or as a 300 dpi *.tif or *.eps files. Text ads are preferred as *.doc or *.rtf files. We do accept other formats, contact the editor - we are flexible. Send files as an email attachment (zip if > 1Mb); or put on your FTP site with an email notice; or send a disk or CD. Hard-copy camera-ready art or PMTs are also accepted.
- For bleed ads, add at least an additional 5 mm (1/4") to all sides, editor may trim to compensate for binding.
- Insert information is available on request.
- Invoicing is on the date of distribution.
- All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
- All ads from Canadian advertisers are subject to 5% Goods and Services Tax, except for advertisers from Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick who are subject to 13% Harmonized Sales Tax.
- American advertisers pay in Canadian dollars with NO sales tax.
- Copy deadlines are February 27, June 5, September 4 and November 30, with distribution approximately 3-4 weeks afterwards.
- The Publisher reserves right to reject any advertisement that it deems inappropriate.
Direct all advertising inquires to the GAC® Publication Director,
Karen Dawe ( )
ABOUT GEOLOG AND THE GEOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
The Geological Association of Canada has over 2,000 members. It is the most diverse geoscience organization in Canada. Approximately half of its members are in the mining, exploration, oil and gas or environmental aspects of industry. The others are university researchers from wide-ranging fields, government employees from federal to provincial to civic levels, and students from more than 40 universities and colleges. Other members reside in almost all of the United States and in 50 countries throughout the world.
GAC® also has 12 Specialist Divisions, 6 Regional Sections, 6 Associated Societies and ~30 Corporate sponsors.
All of these people read GEOLOG. Let them read about you, your products, your services.
Members purchase textbooks, geochemical and geophysical services, digital data, software, field supplies, maps, consulting services, imagery, journals, GPS’s, analytical equipment, consulting services and more. They travel, attend conferences, do field work, make presentations, drill holes, collect fossils and minerals, change jobs, fly in helicopters and log core.
GEOLOG contains information that enlightens GAC® members and other geoscientists about earth science related activities in Canada. It provides a venue for association news, upcoming events, news items and short articles of interest to industry, academic and government geologists. GEOLOG is undergoing a dramatic new change in format and content and we invite you to be part of this new voice to Canadian geoscientists.
Advertising in GEOLOG is among the most cost-effective marketing methods in the geoscience print media.
We are also publishing GEOLOG free on the internet in .pdf format.This will allow all visitors to the Geological Association of Canada web site to see your ad!