14 May 2013
Thank you for registering for GAC-MAC Winnipeg 2013. We’d also like to thank all our presenters, exhibitors and sponsors for their support in making this meeting a success.
The following tips may be of help in planning your trip and arrival at the Winnipeg Convention Centre:
- Meeting registration and all events (except the Prairie Roundup evening) will be held at the Winnipeg Convention Centre in the downtown area (375 York Avenue). The main entrance is from York Avenue, on the south side of the building. General delegate information is available at http://gacmacwinnipeg2013.ca/delegates.html.
- The on-site Registration Desk opens on Tuesday, May 21 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 5 on the ground floor of the Convention Centre (a detailed floor plan is available at http://gacmacwinnipeg2013.ca/files/wcc_groundfloor.pdf). Delegate bags will not be provided, so remember to bring your favourite conference bag.
- The Tuesday Icebreaker begins at 7:00 p.m. in the Exhibits Hall on the second floor (Rooms 2FGH; http://gacmacwinnipeg2013.ca/files/wcc_secondfloor.pdf). Come to meet and greet colleagues, visit the exhibit booths and posters, and enjoy complimentary snacks. A cash bar will be available. Attendance is free to all delegates.
- The most recent technical program and business meeting schedules are available at www.gacmacwinnipeg2013.ca.
- We encourage all presenters to familiarize themselves with our oral and poster presentation guidelines, available at http://gacmacwinnipeg2013.ca/presenters_info.html. For oral presentations, a laser pointer and a laptop equipped with a corded mouse will be provided. Wireless remote presenters (“PowerPoint remotes”) will not be available.
- Spring has finally arrived in Winnipeg. The long-range weather forecast is day time temperatures of around 16oC (61oF) and evening temperatures of around 7oC (45oF).
- For information about restaurants and things to do in Winnipeg, check out Tourism Winnipeg at www.tourismwinnipeg.com. Tourism Winnipeg will also have an information desk in the Registration area at the Convention Centre.
- Important advice for delegates planning to park downtown: Don’t leave any possessions (valuable or not) in sight within your vehicle. Unfortunately, there is a problem with vehicle break-ins, particularly in the downtown area.
We look forward to seeing you in Winnipeg.
The Winnipeg 2013 Organizing Committee
* * * * * * * *
Check out our News Archive, found under ‘Melange’.