STAGES OF PUBLICATION
With GAC® Publications, getting your book from submission to reader is easier – and faster! – than ever:
You have a great book idea, and are just embarking on the publication trail.
- Idea proposed to GAC® Publications (Please see ‘Initial Proposal’ form)
- Immediate acknowledgement, and analysis of your idea within 4 weeks
Solidifying the details: Style of book, co-authors (if applicable), length, and book development timeline. From this point on, the GAC Books Editor and the Publications Director will remain in close contact with you.
- Author and co-author commitment
- Initial marketing assessment
- Timeline for book development
- Formal proposal – Response within 4 weeks
- Writing/obtaining manuscripts
Finalizing Manuscript Stage:
The manuscripts are in, and you’re ready to put on the finishing touches.
- Obtain reprint permission for previously published figures and artwork – Allow 6 weeks
- Peer review – Allow 4 weeks
- Final copy-editing/indexing – Allow 6-8 weeks
- Complete Marketing promotion questionaire – 1-2 hours
At this point, all the elements are submitted to GAC® Publications for production. Your manuscript(s) will be considered submitted when all previous stages have been completed, and copyright assignment/permission has been granted in writing. These dates are targets, however authors should note that delays in responding to queries and page proofing will impact the schedule.
Receipt of manuscript; confirmation of material, develop timeline – June 07/12
Send manuscript & images to typesetter for layout and design – June 14/12
Marketing plan implementation begins – June 14/12
Forward proofs to design-stage copy editor and author(s) – July 15/12
Receipt of marked-up design-stage proofs – July 29/12
Forward marked-up proofs to typesetter – July 30/12
Forward digital copy to printer – August 5/12
Receipt and approval of printer proofs – August 12/12
Printed copies received at GAC® Publications – August 30/12
TOTAL TIME 11 weeks