Sections, Divisions & Partner Societies
Divisions are made up of GAC® Members interested in specific branches of geoscience or who may be concerned with the application of geoscience to specific fields of endeavor.
Sections are made up of GAC® Members living in a geographic region.
- AQUEST (Quebec)
- Cordilleran Section (Vancouver, B.C.)
- Edmonton Section
- Newfoundland Section
- Pacific Section (Victoria, B.C.)
- Winnipeg Section (Winnipeg)
The Associated Societies are made up of GAC® Members and persons organized as a local or university discussion group or society. They may be recognized as an Associated Society of the Association for the purpose of cooperation or participation in the Annual, Sectional, Divisional or other meetings and for the distribution of publications, and in such other ways for the furtherance of geoscience.
- American Geophysical Union
- Atlantic Geoscience Society
- Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences
- Canadian Geophysical Union
- Canadian Quaternary Association
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
- Geological Society of London (Associated Society)
- International Union of Geological Sciences (Affiliated Organization)
- Toronto Geological Discussion Group
- The Geological Society of America (Allied Society)